Welcome to Banjo Butch. This blog shares my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play. My personal videos of how to play songs and my own tablature are all FREE. But if you find something here that helps you, please consider donating a small gift to one of my sponsored ministries. Thanks! Banjo Butch

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Don't lose your finger picks!

When I was first learning to play the banjo around December 1973, I bought some National brand finger picks.  I think they may have been a dollar each.  Shortly after buying them, I lost them and had to go back for more.  This time I bought extras.  But I also made a little bag out of denim and hung it on my banjo.  I always put my picks in the bag when I take them off.  Consequently, I have never lost any, other than those first two.  Somebody told me that the National picks that I bought then are now worth about $50 each, so I don't plan to sell my extra ones in case I need them sometime.  My pick bag has lasted all these years.  You can see it hanging from my banjo in my photo taken by the Cow Pasture River near Clifton Forge, VA.  My wife's family has reunions there.

No comments:

Post a Comment