Welcome to Banjo Butch. This blog shares my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play. My personal videos of how to play songs and my own tablature are all FREE. But if you find something here that helps you, please consider donating a small gift to one of my sponsored ministries. Thanks! Banjo Butch

Monday, August 2, 2010

Welcome to Banjo Butch!

Welcome to Banjo Butch. My name is Butch Bost. I have been playing the guitar since I was 10 (1964) and the banjo since 1974. I play mostly bluegrass and gospel on the banjo and mostly praise music on the guitar, but I play lots of other music too on both instruments. I am creating this blog to share my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play, especially for their church. I also want to use the blog for promoting support of missionaries. That's something that I have been doing just as long as I have been playing the banjo. I also take some short mission trips and have even used my banjo one time, such as when I played at an Christian camp located near Barcelona in Spain. Here's what that looked like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw7oYE2hAlc  At the end you will hear the kids cheering Rafa ... Rafa ...Rafa.  That is my name in Spain.  It is short for my real name, Ralph.  The fiddler is a young Spanish girl.  The guitar player is a neat Spanish man who does volunteer work at the camp.  Neither had played the song before I taught it to him.  The camp is called L'Arcada and the camp's web page is:  http://www.larcada.com/ing/ .  Kids from all over Spain attend each summer.  Counselers are young people from all over Spain, most of whom became Christians by attending the camp when they were younger.  This is one of the ministries I would like you to help me to support.  I attend Cornerstone Presbyterian Church in Columbia, SC (actually in Irmo).  Here is their web page:  http://www.cornerstonesc.org/ .  I play guitar in the Praise Band there.  If you want to make a donation to L'Arcada or other ministries on my blog, you can send the donation to my church.  Just include a note saying it is for missions, or for L'Arcada or another ministry, and mention Banjo Butch on the note.  That way I can find out if my blog is making a difference.  Thanks for even considering a gift.  I hope that whether or not you give, you will take a minute to pray for L'Arcada.  It is introducing lots and lots of Spanish kids to Jesus and to the love of God.  Thanks!  Banjo Butch

No comments:

Post a Comment