Welcome to Banjo Butch. This blog shares my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play. My personal videos of how to play songs and my own tablature are all FREE. But if you find something here that helps you, please consider donating a small gift to one of my sponsored ministries. Thanks! Banjo Butch

Monday, August 2, 2010

Immortal, Invisible by Laura Story (Guitar)

Here is how I play "Immortal, Invisible" by Laura Story.  This is not the traditional hymnbook song.  It has totally different words and music, but similar theme.  It won awards.  Pardon my playing mistakes.  Like many of my other videos, this was a quick-and-dirty recording in order to teach another guy in my church the song so that he could play on a Sunday that I was going to miss.

About Laura Story:  Laura is an awesome song writer.  We at my church feel a close connection to her, because she was once a member of Silers Bald, along with two guys who grew up in our church (Shane and Marcus), one of which is the son of J. Wayne in our praise band.  J. Wayne's other son (David) managed the group.  They created some great worship music and did a lot of ministry at youth camps, etc.  Also, I feel a close connection to Laura because she also plays bluegrass.  But I don't really know her personally.  Here is a link if you want to hear some samples of her music http://www.amazon.com/Great-God-Saves-Laura-Story/dp/B0013LKZW8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1280778103&sr=1-1

No comments:

Post a Comment