Welcome to Banjo Butch. This blog shares my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play. My personal videos of how to play songs and my own tablature are all FREE. But if you find something here that helps you, please consider donating a small gift to one of my sponsored ministries. Thanks! Banjo Butch

Monday, August 2, 2010

Earl Scruggs

Earl Scruggs is my favorite banjo player.  I got started playing the banjo by teaching myself from his book, Earl Scruggs and the 5-String banjo.  That was back when I was in college.  The book is still sold on places like Amazon.  It teaches you the basics of how to read tablature, the basic rolls used on the banjo, has a great selection of songs as arranged by Earl Scruggs, and it is where I learned about D-tuners.  Also, it gives instructions on how to build a banjo.  I built a banjo mostly by what is described in this book.  I will upload some pictures of my banjo.  Click here if you want to see what it looks like: http://www.amazon.com/Earl-Scruggs-5-String-Banjo-Enhanced/dp/0634060430/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1280775873&sr=1-1 .

No comments:

Post a Comment