Welcome to Banjo Butch. This blog shares my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play. My personal videos of how to play songs and my own tablature are all FREE. But if you find something here that helps you, please consider donating a small gift to one of my sponsored ministries. Thanks! Banjo Butch

Monday, August 2, 2010

Our Praise Band

Our Praise Band currently just has three instruments:  me on the rythm guitar, Tom on the electric guitar, and Evelyn on the piano.  None of us lead the singing.  That is up to our 4 vocalists, J. Wayne, Linda, Eddie, and Shely.  In the past our group has typically also had a drummer and a bass.  Sometimes we also have had a trumpet and a sax.  Also, before I played rhythm guitar with the group, I played my banjo for over a year.  This was primarily doing contemporary music on the banjo, rather than doing gospel style songs.  The banjo worked well on most, but not all songs.  I also have played the mandolin from time to time with the group.

No comments:

Post a Comment