Welcome to Banjo Butch. This blog shares my music with other instrumentalists who are learning to play. My personal videos of how to play songs and my own tablature are all FREE. But if you find something here that helps you, please consider donating a small gift to one of my sponsored ministries. Thanks! Banjo Butch

Friday, August 6, 2010

My Guitar and Banjo Videos

I hope to soon make it easier for you to see a list all of my free music videos directly from this page, but for now the best way is to click on any of my YouTube links on this page.  Once you are at one of my YouTube videos, to see the whole list just click on my name, which is below the video and it will take you to the page that lists all of my videos.  It only shows a few of them until you click on the drop-down button.

The goal of my videos is to have the camera close to my left hand so that you can see what I am doing.  Occasionally I also show my right hand so that you can see what it is doing.  On my banjo videos I also try to play them slowly to make it easier to see what I am doing. 

In the future I hope to add places to get a sheet with the words and chords.  Since that is copyright stuff, I can't post the ones I have.  I will ask my Praise Band leader where he gets ours.

There are lots of great videos that you can watch to learn to play Praise Music and Banjo.  I plan to also add links to those on my blog. 

I also want to create and upload more videos on how to play church music on the banjo.  When I was first learning I searched and searched for a good book of Scruggs style banjo playing hymns, like "Are You Washed" and "Power in the Blood."  I know how to play lots of them now and several years ago I created some beautiful tablature for quite a few of them.  I plan to post them on my page and ask you to give a small donation to one of my sponsored ministries for each one that you download.  I will probably also post some tabs that are not so nice, but hopefully they will be readable.

I hope my videos make it easier for you to learn songs.

1 comment:

  1. Great blog! I surely miss hearing you play the banjo! Say hello to Teresa from me.

    Hugs,
    Ana

    ReplyDelete